Homemade tea cakes with grated carrots are the favorite bread I have baked for many years. Tea cakes that are fluffy, soft and very good for both breakfast and evening coffee. They are a little extra rich in fiber from the bran and carrots and so much tastier compared to store-bought tea cookies!
6 dl of water
3 dl fiber oatmeal
1 dl kruska bran
approx. 12 dl Wheat flour special (higher protein content than regular wheat flour)
50 grams of yeast
2 tablespoons of honey
2 large or 4 small carrots
2 teaspoons of salt
100 grams of butter
1) Cook a porridge of water, oat groats and buckwheat bran for about 3 minutes.
2) Add the butter so it melts in the porridge.
3) Allow the porridge to cool to 38 degrees. Finger warm.
4) Crumble the yeast in a bowl. (I use a baking machine so that the dough is properly kneaded.)
5) Add honey, salt and grated carrots to the bowl.
6) Mix in the porridge in the bowl.
7) Add the flour a little at a time to the bowl.
8) Knead the dough properly for 10 minutes.
9) The dough should be just the right amount of dough but a little sticky so that you get a little sticky on your fingers.
10) Leave under a towel for 1 hour.
11) Knead the dough for a minute.
12) Divide into 20 pieces that are rolled out with the help of a little flour, put on baking paper and prick with a fork.
13) Set the oven to 250 degrees.
14) Leave the bread under a towel for 45 minutes.
15) Bake the bread for about 8 minutes.
16) Brush the tops of the tea cakes with water so they remain soft and let them cool.
Enjoy delicious homemade tea cakes.